This is the official website of District Health & Family Welfare Samiti, Basirhat Health District. The website has been introduced to the worldwide web as a medium of communication between our health department and the rest of the world. The intention is to build a better health service, reporting, health communication for all the people of Basirhat Health District as well as West Bengal, India etc., department shall ensure access to health services. The department is committed through its various health programmes to ensure sufficient education of health issues to the people.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE SAMITI, BASIRHAT HEALTH DISTRICT
A. NAME OF THE SAMITI:
District Health & Family Welfare Samiti, Basirhat Health District
B. REGISTERED NO. & OFFICE:
Registration NO : S/M/1455 of 2014-15 WEST BENGAL ACT XXVI OF 1961
The Registered Office of the Samiti be situated at the office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, Basirhat Health District having it’s office at Badartala, Basirhat
C. OBJECTIVES FOR WHICH SAMITI IS ESTABLISHED:
1. To monitor, review assist and supervise the implementation of all National and State Health Programmes including externally aided projects.
2. The prepare District Health Development Plan and update the same from time to time so as to ensure systematic and decentralized planning of activities in the Health Sector.
3. To monitor the activities in the Health Sector against District Health Development Plan give suggestions and recommendation to the Government from time to time.
4. To monitor and supervise the functioning of all the health institutions in the district so as to ensure proper and effective management of hospitals and other medical institution.
5. To ensure proper disease surveillance.
6. To coordinate the activities of Health Department activities of other related Departments of the Government like Social Welfare, Primary Education, Mass Education, Public Works Department, Public Health Engineering, Panchayats and Rural Development, etc. for ensuring proper implementation of Health Sector Programmes.
7. To promote and support the Non Government Organizations and Community Based Organizations working in the Health Sector and ensure community participation.
8. To ensure proper implementation of policies and programmes of the Government for Health Sector Reform and Health System Development.
9. The income and properties of the Samiti howsoever derived or obtained shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the Samiti and no portion thereof shall be paid to or divided amongst any of the members by way of profits.
D. GENERAL BODY:
General Body of the Samiti will consist of the following members:
1. Sabhadhipati of Zilla Parishad, N-24 Parganas ……………… Chairperson.
2. District Magistrate, , N-24 Parganas ………………………… Executive Vice Chairperson.
3. Chief Medical Officer of Health, Basirhat Health District ……………………… Secretary.
4. Treasurer, Basirhat Health District
5. One Additional District Magistrate to be nominated by District Magistrate, , N-24 Parganas
6. Karmadhyakha, Jana Swasthya O Parivesh Sthayee Samiti of Zilla Parishad, , N-24 Parganas
7. Project Officers / District Officers in charge of various health programmes / Projects, , N-24 Parganas
8. Executive Engineer, PWD (Civil) , N-24 Parganas, Construction Division
9. Executive Engineer, PWD (Electrical), N-24 Parganas
10. Executive Engineer, PHE, N-24 Parganas
11. One MLA from each recognized political party (elected from the district) to be nominated by the respective political party.
12. ACMOHs in charge of the Sub- divisions of the Basirhat
13. Sub- divisional Officer & Sub- divisional Magistrates, Basirhat Subdision
14. Five representatives of NGOs working in the district in the field of Health and Family Welfare to be nominated by DM in consultation with Sabhadhipati.
15. One senior official from the Directorate of Health Services not below the rank of DDHS, nominated by DHS.
16. All the Superintendents of the District, Sub-Divisional, State General and Rural Hospitals.
E. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE :
Executive Committee of the Samiti will consist of the following members
1. District Magistrate & Executive Vice Chairperson, N-24 Parganas – Chairperson .
2. Chief Medical Officer of Health, Basirhat Health District ………………. Secretary
3. Treasurer, Basirhat Health District
4. One Additional District Magistrate to be nominated by District Magistrate, N-24 Parganas
5. Karmadhyakha, Jana Swasthya O Parivesh Sthayee Samiti of Zilla Parishad, N-24 Parganas
6. Project Officers / District Officers in charge of various health programmes / Projects, N-24 Parganas Executive Engineer, PWD (Civil) , N-24 Parganas
7. Executive Engineer, PWD (Electrical) , N-24 Parganas
8. Executive Engineer, PHE, N-24 Parganas
9. ACMOHs in charge of the Sub- divisions of the district, Basirhat
10. Superintendent of the District, Sub-Divisional, State General and Rural Hospitals, Basirhat Health District